Thursday, June 30, 2011

Essential Questions...

These are arranged according to Wiggins & McTighe's "Six Facets of Understanding."

Explanation:
What are some sources for information on climate change?
What might I find in the editorial page of a newspaper (facts or opinions)?

Interpretation:
Is this author trying to inform or convince her audience?
Does a correlation between lots of cars and increasing temperatures mean that cars cause high temperatures?

Application:
How could I use statistics to convince (or even trick) someone?
Can I make information clearer by making a chart or graph?

Perspective:
Why do some people not want to use "cleaner energy"?
What do farmers think about cheap food prices?
How might new information make scientists change their mind about nuclear power?

Empathy:
Did people really believe the earth was flat? Why?
Why does this author want to change our minds?

Self-Knowledge:
How can I know am getting the best information?
Am I being affected by "pseudo-information"?

1 comment:

  1. So what are your faves? Here are a few I like, but the final decision is yours.

    Did people really believe the earth was flat? Why?

    How can I know am getting the best information?

    Is this author trying to inform or convince her audience?

    How could I use statistics (I'd probably use the term numbers here unless you're incl stats in your important to know section) to convince (or even trick) someone?

    What do farmers think about cheap food prices?

    ReplyDelete